Friday, November 13, 2015

Leaders are Lifters

Dr. Bryan K. Williams states that, “The best leaders are lifters. Plain and simple.  They know how to lift the hearts, hopes, esteem and performance of their staff.  If you are my leader, then my life should be better somehow.  There should be something amplified about me in a positive way, as a result of being on your team.  You should challenge me and encourage me.  You should insist that I do my absolute best, always.  Nothing less will suffice.  With you, I know that there are additional levels of excellence for me to achieve.  As a result of being on your team, I will learn that excellence is not a destination, but an ongoing journey.  I will learn to appreciate where I am, but imagine where I can be.” To read the full blog posting, please click here.   

Dr. Williams is a consultant, trainer, and author, who focuses on the areas of service excellence and organizational effectiveness.  He has spoken at numerous AHCA/NCAL events, and his passion is to serve others so they may better serve the world.  Here is a link where you can see some of Dr. Williams’ book recommendations on service, leadership and personal development.

No comments:

Post a Comment