· an assessment process to identify risks;
· development of individualized plans to address risks;
· monitoring activities to modify plans as needed;
· a process to train and educate staff; and
· ongoing system wide quality improvement in home and community-based programs.
The session will also include a review of federal regulations that support the health and welfare of HCBS waiver participants and an overview of the 2018 Interagency Report entitled Ensuring Beneficiary Health and Safety in Group Homes Through State Implementation of Comprehensive Compliance Oversight. AHCA/NCAL encourages all Medicaid HCBS providers to attend to learn more about what CMS considers to be best practices.